How to apply for Erasmus+ Funding for your course
EU funding for your course is available through Erasmus+ and you now need to apply via your school / college / institution rather than as an individual.
PILGRIMS TEACHER TRAINING IN IRELAND
Pilgrims Teacher Training courses this summer will be delivered at the University of Limerick in Ireland. So, you can apply through your school / college / institution to get Erasmus+ funding for your course. You can find out more about Erasmus+ through your national agency. All the national agency websites are listed here - Erasmus+ National Agencies
What is Erasmus+?
Erasmus+ replaces all previous actions from the EU such as Comenius, Grundtvig , Leonardo and many more.
There is now much more funding available for training teachers and it is vital you make your head of school aware of this opportunity as you will have to apply through your school.
You should apply through Erasmus + Action 1
We have already heard of schools that have received extra funding for applying for Erasmus+ grants for their teachers - so it is good for your school – as well as you!
Who can apply?
Erasmus+ is available to a wide range of organisations across all sectors of education and training in the EU member and EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Any public or private organisation actively involved in these areas can now apply for funding. That means if you are a teacher in a private school - as long as your school applies, so can you!
When is the deadline?
The deadline for submitting your completed application is 5 February 2021 12:00 Brussels time.
We recommend you start the process of application with your school and apply for your Pilgrims course as soon as you have spoken to your school - contact email@example.com after you are sure your school is prepared to support your application.
You can apply for your course now, we will hold your place on the course until you have confirmed your funding application has been successful.
What to do next
- Read the Erasmus+ information at the links we have given you below and arrange a meeting with the person responsible in your school, university, college or organisation - we recommend you arrange this now!
- Your school / organisation will need to submit a plan for one or two years, in line with the EU 2020 Education, Training, Youth and Sport Proposal requesting a number of grants for their staff to attend training courses at Pilgrims.
- Your school will need to register with the European Commission’s Participant Portal and get a PIC number – here is the link to find out how: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/resources/participant-portal_en
- If this funding is awarded, you and your school / organisation can then choose which Pilgrims course you would like to participate in.
- Pilgrims Courses are listed in the ERASMUS+ School Educaton Gateway Catalogue. and type Pilgrims in the Search Courses box.
- You can choose any Pilgrims Teacher Training Course – to see our 2021 courses and dates click here
- Forms are available on the Erasmus+ web site, to help you prepare, you can look at examples of them by clicking here
- Pilgrims OID No. is - E10158468