- Release your creativity
- Inspirational trainers
- Engaging and effective training
- Communicate freely
- Continuous professional development
- Innovative ideas to motivate your students
- Meet teachers from over 30 countries
- Unlock your potential
- Inspiring international community
- Learn by doing
- Practical ideas to take home with you
- Be the teacher you want to be
- Relaxing atmosphere
EU Funding - Latest News!
Comenius and Grundtvig funding are now part of a larger programme called Erasmus+ and you now need to apply via your school / college / institution rather than as an individual.
What is Erasmus+?
Erasmus+ replaces all previous actions from the EU such as Comenius, Grundtvig , Leonardo and many more.
The Erasmus+ programme is intended to support activities in education, training, youth and sport in all sectors of lifelong learning (Higher Education, Further Education, adult education, schools, youth activities etc).
There is now much more money available for training teachers and it is vital you make your head of school aware of this opportunity as you will have to apply through your school.
You should apply through Erasmus + Action 1
We have already heard of schools that have received extra funding for applying for Erasmus+ grants for their teachers - so it is good for your school – as well as you!
Who can apply?
Erasmus+ is available to a wide range of organisations across all sectors of education and training in the EU member and EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Any public or private organisation actively involved in these areas can now apply for funding. That means if you are a teacher in a private school - as long as your school applies, so can you!
What has changed?
From 1 January 2014 only organisations such as your school, college, university can apply for funding.
Grants for individuals still exist, but individuals themselves are not able to apply.
You need to speak to your school / institution NOW to ask them to support your funding application!
When is the deadline?
The deadline for submitting your completed application is 4 March 2015 12:00 Brussels time.
We recommend you start the process of application with your school and apply for your Pilgrims course as soon as you have spoken to your school - contact email@example.com after you are sure your school is prepared to support your application.
You can apply for your course now, we will hold your place on the course until you have confirmed your funding application has been successful.
What to do next
1. Read the Erasmus+ information at the links we have given you below and arrange a meeting with the person responsible in your school, university, college or organisation - we recommend you arrange this now!
2. Your school / organisation will need to submit a plan for one or two years, in line with the EU 2020 Education, Training, Youth and Sport Proposal requesting a number of grants for their staff to attend training courses at Pilgrims.
3. Your school will need to register with the European Commission’s Participant Portal and get a PIC number – here is the link to find out how: http://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/node/31
4. If this funding is awarded, you and your school / organisation can then choose which Pilgrims course you would like to participate in.
5. There is no longer an EU course database, so you can choose any Pilgrims Teacher Training Course – to see our 2015 courses and dates click here
Forms will be available on the Erasmus+ web site in January, but to help you prepare, you can look at examples of them by clicking here
Pilgrims PIC No. is - 947198502
- A step-by-step application guide for organisations is available on the Erasmus+ website: http://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/node/31
- Erasmus+ Funding Guide – This is Essential Reading! http://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/sites/default/files/erasmus-plus-programme-guide_en.pdf
How to apply guide Essential Reading! http://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/sites/default/files/ECAS%20Registration%20Guide.pdf
- Find the National Agency in your country by following this link: http://ec.europa.eu/education/erasmus-plus/national-agencies_en.htm
Here is a video testimonial from one of our participants.
The Pilgrims Course
Director at a Logistics Company
"The main thing for me is that I started to think in English and not translate. I feel confident when I speak English. What has really helped me is to realise there is nothing to be afraid of. And it is not necessary to be absolutely accurate, but just to be clear. "
The Pilgrims Course
Spain"What I got from the Pilgrims Course was more confidence and now I really believe in myself. I didn’t fix my English, I found myself. I don’t worry about mistakes, I feel good."